Change font size
It is currently 2021-06-23, 9:01 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Conversion ms to CDDA frames
PostPosted: 2014-11-15, 10:25 pm 

Joined: 2014-11-15
Posts: 3
Hi guys,

i am having strong difficulties to generate this cuefile:
DEADMAU5 Classic Mixmag cover CD

I think it is a problem with the conversion the Audacity label positions hh:mm:ss.#### (milliseconds) to hh:mm:ss.FF (CDDA frames).

Here is what I did:

1)
I cut the mp3 in audacity very exact, it sounds good (right on the beat, etc...).
2)
I exported the labels.
3)
I converted the labels to the cuesheet with cuegenerator.
But the conversion to the cuefile turns out to have bad cuepoint positions (index).

After splitting the mp3 file with the Medival Cuesplitter, the single files start really crappy (to early in front of the beat or right after the beat).

I tried different players (MusicBee, Foobar 2000, Windows Mediaplayer), it does not make any different.

I also tried to correct the cuepoint positions (index) manually:
In Audacity I changed hh:mm:ss.#### (milliseconds) to hh:mm:ss.FF (CDDA frames) and manually edited the indexes in the cuesheet. At some points I corrected by 1 - 2 frames.

I tried another way:
I created a tracklist with the Windows Editor manually
I used the Audacity timestamps hh:mm:ss.FF (CDDA frames).
I imported this tracklist to QeD

The result was the same.

I think this issue is coming up because milliseconds are way more exact than CDDA frames.
I would like to have the milliseconds precision in the cuefile.
Is this possible somehow?
Or is there a complete different way to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Fin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Conversion ms to CDDA frames
PostPosted: 2014-11-16, 9:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-09-27
Posts: 96
Location: Finlandia
Well, the cuesheet standard uses the CDDA frames, so you are stuck with those. The difference in exactness is only that one has 0.001 second precision, and the other one has 0.013 second precision. For me 0.013 is enough.

The way I make cues is that I generate the cue with CUEgenerator and add the times with a text editor, while listening to the set with foobar2000, which is the player I will use to listen to the set, so the exactness will automatically be correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Conversion ms to CDDA frames
PostPosted: 2014-11-17, 8:48 pm 

Joined: 2014-11-15
Posts: 3
Thanx Lindmik,

but it was my mistake.
I accidently used a wrong mp3 file - I cut of the silence at the begin in audacity, to split it I used the original including the silence.

D'oh!

Everything is fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron