Change font size
It is currently 2020-11-30, 2:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 99% CSS Layout [WIP]
PostPosted: 2011-09-22, 6:53 pm 

NotNobody Wrote:
Okay, well I will chip in where I can. So long as there is transparency on the forum, I'll be able to deduct where I will be most useful.

Would it help server load if all the images were smaller in filesize? If so I will run all the jpg's through http://www.jpegmini.com. Seriously an incredible little webapp, that preserves the quality 100% and reduces the size dramatically.

Nope, the CPU load is from parsing through millions of text strings, not from linking to static images.

The problem is not so much with the code than with the fact that we parse .cue files instead of storing data in a database.

PostPosted: 2011-09-22, 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

true... http://cuenation.com/dev/ even with all debugin turned on crunches through the data faster than the current file-parsing method. tho i still haven't done the high-volume db tests so that might change :P

i really need to get my ass moving and get it finished :D i'm almost done with coding a VERY complex cakephp app, like 3x or more complex than cuenation, so i managed to learn cakephp in and out while doing the project. the skills learned will now allow me to finally finish the new cuenation... sooner than later i hope :)

ps: best part is that i got paid $20/hr for learning and coding with cakephp haha

PostPosted: 2011-09-22, 7:30 pm 

@lindmik: This means you parse the .cue file on every request?!

PostPosted: 2011-09-22, 8:19 pm 

nighty Wrote:
@lindmik: This means you parse the .cue file on every request?!

F*** yeah! :P Moronic, isn't it?

PostPosted: 2011-09-23, 2:46 pm 

Well, it is surprising for sure. As you said the current system is filebased, I thought you're using cache files with serialized objects in it.

PostPosted: 2011-09-23, 7:10 pm 

nighty Wrote:
Well, it is surprising for sure. As you said the current system is filebased, I thought you're using cache files with serialized objects in it.

Well, partly yes. The cue lists (front page/categories/search) are done like that, but the tracklists are parsed from a .cue file every time.

PostPosted: 2012-04-11, 2:36 pm 

Bump :P So are there still plans to update the site or we still sticking to current one for the forseeable future? Not that I have any issues with the current site, but a new look is always nice.

PostPosted: 2012-04-13, 5:54 am 
Site Admin

Matter of fact, YES!

I'll be finishing the major project I was working for the past 1 year and 4 months (!!!) in about 3 to 4 weeks. Once that is done, I'll finally have the time and will redo CueNation site. Learned and coded on that project SO MUCH in the past year that even cuenation looks like quick simple project as far as the complexity goes now :D

So yeah, pretty pumped to get things finally rolling in the near future :D

PostPosted: 2012-10-08, 9:36 am 

frifox Wrote:
I'll be finishing the major project I was working for the past 1 year and 4 months (!!!) in about 3 to 4 weeks. Once that is done, I'll finally have the time and will redo CueNation site. Learned and coded on that project SO MUCH in the past year that even cuenation looks like quick simple project as far as the complexity goes now :D

Is it the near future yet?

If you do want / need any help with stuff, I'm a web dev by trade as well, and am looking to get some nice CSS3 shiz out there as I don't get enough exposure to it on a client level just yet...

I for one would like to see some new, you-beaut, reponsive, reactive, amazeballs page, so lemme know...

Otherwise, get it done already, or provide users the option to override stylesheets :)

PostPosted: 2012-10-23, 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

me, on the other hand, have too many clients. no time to spare on cuenation development :(

Getting fast, stable, & flexible PHP base is #1. Modular MVC is a must, php frameworks such as CakePHP will do that for you. Then, a clean & flexible HTML structure is #2. CSS should be taken care of once the other 2 are somewhat near their final state. So yeah, if someone wants to help then PM me and I'll setup a github and we can start tackling the above in that order.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2