Change font size
It is currently 2020-09-24, 12:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: 2010-11-16, 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

bpedro Wrote:
In that case, silver and gold cuesheets shouldn't have this comment stream available, only bronze...
That will be cool! ;)

nah, i've seen full 3rd party AND official tracklists that had wrong ID's. DJ's can mess up too :P

also, agree on the using triggers... as a rule of thumb, database servers are much more powerful than web servers, which means its preferred to do as much data manipulation as possible using MySQL than PHP.

PostPosted: 2010-11-17, 10:21 pm 

A quick question: Have you considered the idea of rating cuesheet quality? I know it's a bit on delicate ground and not so straightforward to handle user ratings of cuesheets. I don't know if it makes sense at all, but it just came to my mind ;)

PostPosted: 2010-11-17, 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

yeah i did consider it, and it would be quite easy to implement since ratings would act same way as the tracks, comments, shouts, sources, etc... aka records in another table relating to some specific cuesheets by cuesheet_id. i didn't implement that feature for that reason you mentioned, user ratings is always a shady business. its so shady that youtube dumped ratings in favor of Like vs. Dislike, Reddit's Upvote vs. Downvote, Digg's Digg vs. Bury, etc...

if we were to have any kind of user cuesheet ratings then it will have to be 1 or 0, all or nothing. but for now i figured it wouldnt make sense to implement this feature at this point since there are more important features i'd like to spend on with the little time i already have.

PostPosted: 2010-11-23, 5:14 pm 

Actually, it would be nice to see which cue creator are just uploading as many cues as possible, and who really try to make the cues frame perfect. If a user gets negative rating maybe he will shape up. Although, this might just annoy the cue creator and we lose a working bee (though only a "bad" one). Or maybe we'll just stay neutral as before.

PostPosted: 2011-03-05, 2:29 pm 

^^Kinda speculative. :)

PostPosted: 2011-08-06, 3:59 pm 

Hi there!

Today I came up with idea that cuenation visitors must have a way for fixing cues. There are always some tracklists with missed data (ID-ID records), or with errors. I can post a comment, but its not as cool as it would be if my correction appeared right in a place of ID-ID.

BTW links must be always hightlighted, its just a rule, follow it without thinking. Otherwise they are hard to notice!

PostPosted: 2011-08-06, 4:51 pm 

adoconnection Wrote:
Today I came up with idea that cuenation visitors must have a way for fixing cues. There are always some tracklists with missed data (ID-ID records), or with errors. I can post a comment, but its not as cool as it would be if my correction appeared right in a place of ID-ID.

Don't flatter yourself, Wiki was invented long ago. Some people can edit any cue, but only a select few. You might say that I have trust issues, but it's because it would be hell to fix things if some malicious person went and messed things up. A way to inform the moderators about a new ID would be a better idea.

adoconnection Wrote:
BTW links must be always hightlighted, its just a rule, follow it without thinking. Otherwise they are hard to notice!

No, you could instead start thinking. Underscores are so 1990 (were you even born then?).

PostPosted: 2011-08-08, 3:04 am 

lindmik Wrote:
adoconnection Wrote:

No, you could instead start thinking. Underscores are so 1990 (were you even born then?).

I think he means with color, like he has shown in the post ;)

PostPosted: 2011-08-08, 7:14 am 

Whoops! Haha, I'm colorblind, so I didn't notice the "highlight". :lol:

PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 7:13 am 

Anuga Wrote:
I think he means with color, like he has shown in the post ;)

thats right. however link underlining is a good thing too, its nothing like 1990-s, its how people are used to work in internet.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next