Change font size
It is currently 2020-09-24, 12:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 7:20 am 

lindmik Wrote:
A way to inform the moderators about a new ID would be a better idea.

yep!

PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 8:48 am 

adoconnection Wrote:
Anuga Wrote:
I think he means with color, like he has shown in the post ;)

thats right. however link underlining is a good thing too, its nothing like 1990-s, its how people are used to work in internet.

How do you highlight a list of links when there is nothing to compare it to? Like the front page of CueNation.

Give some guidelines on how to make a color highlight that will fit into the color scheme. Do you just change the saturation or the luminance of the link, or also the hue?

PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 11:50 am 

Just a small request: Change the seperator between the artist and title to an en dash (– in HTML).

PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 2:23 pm 

nighty Wrote:
Just a small request: Change the seperator between the artist and title to an en dash (– in HTML).

Tried it, didn't like it.

PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 3:59 pm 

Alrighty, no dashes then.

PostPosted: 2011-08-11, 8:59 pm 

lindmik Wrote:
How do you highlight a list of links when there is nothing to compare it to? Like the front page of CueNation.
There is always something to compare, event on Cuenation main! see screenshots

Give some guidelines on how to make a color highlight that will fit into the color scheme. Do you just change the saturation or the luminance of the link, or also the hue?[/quote]
Well, usually when you change link backgroun on hover dosn't mean you dont highlight the link. Here at form it is enough just to change colors:

Forum
Normail link: #946100
Active: #BF8006
Current colors
New colors

other pics:
main page:
border-bottom: 1px solid #D9D3BA
Main page review
Details - 1
Details - 2

BTW, i came up with another idea: make a "Recently viewed cues" section with a list of last 10 cues i visited.

P.S.
I hope you'r not hate me for screens :)

PostPosted: 2011-08-12, 12:36 pm 

I implemented some of adoconnection's ideas to the site (not to the forums, could care less about how it looks).

The breadcrumb menu wasn't used as a breadcrumb menu, so I neutered it to be a "back" link to the category.

Should still create different colors for (non-clickable) headers and links.

The "Link 1" in the download links is because there can be multiple from the same provider, thus "Link 2", "Link 3", etc. I agree that it's not the optimal way, should be possible to add metadata to the links (192 kbps/320 kbps, etc.).

Edit: UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, thus the only time zone to use when dealing with computers. Registered users (again, not to the forums) can change the time zone to their liking, but it's still displayed as an offset to UTC (mine says "UTC+03:00"). Or did you mean what the time at the top of the shoutbox means? It's just the time the page was loaded, could be moved somewhere else or removed, it was just added to make it easier to compare times when a comment was posted before the time zone was configurable.

PostPosted: 2011-08-12, 2:23 pm 

Thanks! Back link on details page looks much better.

I know what's UTC stands for, i meant "what is that time?". At first i thought it's a cue upload date. Now I realized its just a clock in UTC. :) Im almost sure no one uses it. Much better to show comments with proper offset to make them apper in local time.

If you have some free time, its quite easy to implement:
1. place speacial JS on each page, it only task will be to check whether "TimeOffset" cookie is set. If not -- set it with a number like -4 (means current time zone is -4).
2. On server side check whether cookie is set and its value is in proper range -12..+12, if cookie is set -- do time correction, if there is no cookie -- take no action and display in UTC.

PostPosted: 2011-08-12, 2:30 pm 

adoconnection Wrote:
If you have some free time, its quite easy to implement:
1. place speacial JS on each page, it only task will be to check whether "TimeOffset" cookie is set. If not -- set it with a number like -4 (means current time zone is -4).
2. On server side check whether cookie is set and its value is in proper range -12..+12, if cookie is set -- do time correction, if there is no cookie -- take no action and display in UTC.

The time zone is stored for registered users in the database, so I don't want to go and add secondary time zone handling.

PostPosted: 2011-08-22, 9:07 am 

Previous, Next links on details page would be helpful:

For Club Life 110 Hour 2:
<-- Club Life 110 Hour 1, Club Life 111 Hour 1 -->

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next