Change font size
It is currently 2020-09-24, 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Default nickname, e-mail & homepage for shoutbox
PostPosted: 2011-05-06, 1:59 pm 

Do you think registered users could set their own defaults for these things on the profile page?

At the moment I have to change all three fields before I post a comment on a cue. Out of pure laziness, it'd be nice if the fields populated for me. :)

Post subject: Re: Default nickname, e-mail & homepage for shoutbox
PostPosted: 2011-05-06, 5:08 pm 

BampersandB Wrote:
Do you think registered users could set their own defaults for these things on the profile page?

At the moment I have to change all three fields before I post a comment on a cue. Out of pure laziness, it'd be nice if the fields populated for me. :)

The homepage should be possible to clear. E-mail is the same as the user registered with, so that I know it works (worked at some point), so don't really want to make that editable. Could store if it should be set by default or not, but I can only set it to cookies as I don't have access to the DB schema. The alternate username problem seems to be a bug, worked with my alternate username. Maybe it's the ampersand causing problems.

BTW, why are you BampersandB in the forums? Problems with the ampersand mark, Mark?

PostPosted: 2011-05-06, 6:57 pm 

Aha. I've just played around with this. If I log in as "B&B" the nickname field defaults to "B&B". All this time I've been logging in as "Beats&Beyond" and changing the nickname field to "B&B" manually. Doh. Should have investigated that sooner. :oops:

I've just noticed there's a default homepage setting on the profile page. Is that new? Or did I miss it? I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before I started this thread! :? It appears to do exactly what I want it to, because I always use my last.fm page as the homepage.

So now I just have to clear the e-mail field before I post, cos I don't like spreading it around. ::Dons tin foil hat::

Three steps down to one! Sweet.

And yes, I did have problems with my ampersand mark Mike! My fault for having such a crap username.

PostPosted: 2015-03-18, 10:54 am 

I've just noticed there's a default homepage setting on the profile page. Is that new? Or did I miss it? I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before I started this thread! :? It appears to do exactly what I want it to, because I always use my last.fm page as the homepage.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]